Saline Chapel

The recessed building of the Salinenkapelle is the crowning glory of Brunnhaus with its imposing rose window and colourful surfaces of  glass bricks on the pointed gable.

The Brunnhaus Chapel, which was destroyed in a fire in the town in 1834, was built by the most renowned architect of this period, Joseph Daniel Ohlmüller, in the neo-Byzantine style and consecrated in 1854 by Archbishop Count von Reisach.

Its exceptional setting is impressive, with its Baroque Calvary and 15 Stations of the Cross in the stairwell, its rich ornamental painting in the interior room, its altar of white marble and its many other architectural features.

The Salinenkapelle was renovated extensively  between 1999 and 2002.


 Click here. for a tour of the Salinenkapelle. All rights relating to the tour and the header image are owned by ©  360.CONXCON.DE.